Kashmir is the best thing ever happened to India! For all the enchantress that this piece is paradise is, one must plan an extensive excursion of the Himalayan beauty. There are times when Kashmir flourishes with maple in the fall, green pasture in the summer but winter in Kashmir is really special. Nothing in the world looks prettier than the way top tourist places in Kashmir like Gulmarg, Sonmarg, Pahalgam, and Srinagar appear; all cast in the snow.
In fact winter in Kashmir is challenging. Kashmir thrives in a dreamy surrounding. The entire valley is covered with a blanket of snow. Life comes to a halt during winters as one can’t find too many people around. Stunning escapades loom largely bejeweled with imposing mountain peaks in the backdrop, and partially frozen pine trees cut the picture of a mesmerizing sight around.
What’s the ideal time for winter in Kashmir?
December to February is the best time to visit Kashmir in winter. While maximum temperature occasionally touches 10 degrees Celsius the minimum temperature comes down to -8 degrees Celsius. The period of 40 days from December 21 to January 31st, also known as Chilai Kalan, is considered as the most crucial when if it snows the condition gets even worse. Surroundings become duskier and the bone-chilling cold can make you numb.
1. A Shikara ride in the partially frozen Dal Lake
2. Munching on Harissa – the winter delicacy of Kashmir
3. Skiing, cable car ride, and hiking in Gulmarg
4. Walking the Chadar – the frozen Zanskar river
5. Beholding the best of snow mountain valley in Sonamarg
6. A pony ride, white water rafting and more in Betaab Valley, Pahalgam
7. Unbelievable discount & cheap stays up for the grabs
8. The best of snow camping & trekking
Know more destination & holiday package visit : http://www.indiafly.com/