12 Domes Around The World That Depict Ancient Architecture At Their Best
While traveling places dating back to ancient times it’s their fine architecture that has left travelers enchanted the most. Buildings encompass ages, cultures, and craftsmanship that speak volume of its times. Among all the architectural wonders, those with massive arches stand out. These majestic domes around the world, first created and propagated by Romans, took years to complete and display impeccable architecture. Today, domes make an important part of the religious sites like temples, churches, mosques, and even the government buildings.
The domes of these monuments carry religious symbols, scriptures, and other engravings that say a lot about their past. Byzantines, in the 4th century, made sure that they explored the best of the detailing and intricacies of the domes. With time, these megastructures have only evolved.
Here are some of the best domes from across the world that have been known for their massive size, epic architecture, and cultural significance that they carry! Enjoy their surreal views and try to make it there soon.
1. Dome of the Rock, Jerusalem
2. Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi
3. Sheikh Lotfollah Mosque, Isfahan, Iran
4. Great Sanchi Stupa, Madhya Pradesh, India
5. Putra Mosque, Putrajaya, Malaysia
6. Saint Basil’s Cathedral, Moscow, Russia
7. St. Paul’s Cathedral, London, England
8. Hagia Sophia, Istanbul, Turkey
9. St. Peter’s Basilica, Rome, Italy
10. Florence Cathedral, Florence, Italy
11. Hungarian Parliament, Budapest, Hungary
12. United States Capitol, Washington D.C, USA
Know more destiantion & holiday packages visit : http://www.indiafly.com/
#Holidaytour #tourpackage #indiaflyholidays #AncientArchitectureArt